Basic News Widget
Basic News Widget
After the import, your articles will have to be assigned to widgets. Widget titles have default Clascal names, and you probably want to rename them.
Example of setting up Local News category:
- Open “Widget [your location]”
- On the right-hand side open “Local News” sidebar.
- Open “Cl Article Set -Big and Thumbnails: Local News” widget.
- In “Categories” scrolling window find your category, and highlight it (you can highlight more than one category holding “shift” while clicking).
- In “Title” input box replace Clascal default category name with your category name, e.g. “Local News” with “Noticias Locais”.
- Subtitles: To use Subtitles, type your own name of Subtitle Category in “Link Title”, and then insert URL in corresponding input box.
Major news articles should be marked as belonging to 2 categories:
- Top News – so it always appears in the top position when it is the newest.
- Any category – so after leaving top position, it is archived in appropriate category, easy for readers to find.
If two categories are selected and one of them is Top News – the post is showing only in Top News. Reason: Otherwise on the homepage would show not one, but two the same news.
It is advisable to start with assigning several posts for every category. You need to have at least one post in a category, for that category to be visible in the widget scrolling list.
What is “Skip 1 post” function
Use “Skip first [ 1 ] post” only if you want to show just one.
Reason: Otherwise on the homepage would show not one but two the same news.
1st order: Top News
2nd order: Feature articles
3rd order: Category
To do it, mark this post this way:
—In the widget, mark: “Skip first 1 post”.
An article will follow a logical path and show only in one of these places at a time.
For Mobile version of your website:
- Find Sidebar MOBILE-content
- CL-Article Set -Big and Thumbnails: Local News
- Repeat the above steps